I’m currently nestled in the middle seat, at 34,059 feet altitude, on my way to Morocco via New York, feeling absolutely wonderful. Why so chipper? Its because I’m prepared… and I have a lot of snacks.
I’ve decided to share with you what I have found to be my travel essentials in making what can be a tedious travel experience into a spa like one. Shall we?
- Be Prepared. As in… don’t wait until last minute to gather your belongings. Rushing anything causes stress, and when you’re traveling to a new place (or revisiting a favorite one) its helpful to stay in a mental state of ease. Ease that can be easily achieved by being organized and well prepared. And here I am to even further assist that for you!
- I love lists, can you tell? I’m getting more and more excited as each bullet point goes on. But its extremely useful for me to have a visual reminder of what I need, what I still need to get, and what I already have. An excellent cross reference if you will.
- Oh yeah, here’s what I suggest you bring on a plane to achieve the utmost level of comfort, joy, and success!
E Y E M A S K & E A R P L U G S. Boy oh boy, I can’t stress this one enough! ESPECIALLY if you’re on a long flight, or at funky hours of the day and you need to catch a few z’s to keep up with the time change. Trust me, you’ll thank me later.
- E S S E N T I A L O I L S. My faves are Lavender and Peppermint oil. The lavender is soothing, and helps calm nerves, placing you in a state of ease, so you can transport yourself to your happy place. The peppermint is the perfect pick me up without getting jacked up on cheap airplane coffee! Try inhaling it straight from the bottle, dabbing a little bit on your ears, or even putting 1 (I emphasize the ONE) drop on your tongue.
- H E A D P H O N E S & A G U I D E D M E D I T A T I O N or A U D I O B O O K. I use headphones from LSTN, because the cord literally never gets tangled and the ear buds are squishy and that makes me happy. Also, I listen to the guided meditation app called 1GiantMind. It literally changed my life for the better in every way. Its straightforward, simple, and Johnny (the guy’s voice you’ll be listening to) is Australian, so thats a plus in my book.
- E M P T Y W A T E R B O T T L E. Hydrate Yo’self!! Seriously!! And unfortunately, water is so expensive at airports, that it is a life saver to have a bottle you can refill. I use S’well Bottles, because they’re lightweight, keep drinks cold or hot, and are cute, duh. Lots of styles to choose from!
- S N A C K S ! ! ! Really this should be number 1, because if I don’t have snacks when the hanger starts to hit, waaaaatch out. My personal fave? BEAMING!!! I actually go to Beaming almost every single day, which is a serious problem that I will probably have to go to a hypnotist to reverse, but their foods are so good and filled with superfood goodness. Granola, Superfood Protein Bites, Cashew and Dark Chocolate Brittle, I could go on and on.
- S C A R F. I love traveling with a scarf, as it is so multi functional. Use it on the chilly plane to cozy up, or to cover up the funky seat or window while you take a lil nap. While you’re traveling, use it as a shawl, when you visit temples or mosques, or a make shift skirt at the beach!
- o t h e r do hand lotion, purrell, gum, chapstick, any other trinkets that spark joy!
If you have anything else to add to this list, please share! I hope this helps you ease your way through the air. Lots of love, and safe travels!!