I’ve been traveling my entire life, and more so in recent years. As someone who has grown into a deep appreciation for all things organizational and an even deeper appreciation for anything that makes me feel prepared, I wanted to share with you my top 5 travel essentials!
1. PACKING CUBES: Ok guys, I am obsessed with these things. It makes it so so easy to organize your items, and be able to dig through your suitcase without destroying it completely. It makes packing & unpacking so much easier and a I just can’t recommend these things enough.
2. NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES: You never know who else is going to be sharing the plane ride with you - from crying babies to snoring ladies - nothing adds more agony to being confined in a flying tube than having to listen to unwanted noise over the sound of the rom'-coms' you’re trying so desperately to enjoy. Once I got myself a pair of noise cancelling headphones, there was NO going back to weak ass ear buds.
3. REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE: I can’t stress this one enough. We all know that every plastic water bottle we’ve ever drinker out of still exists, and you have the ability to reduce your impact. Not only that, but airports have water fountains and restaurants that will fill your bottle for free, saving you an inflated rate of $5 a bottle or more!! Save money, and the environment, its a win/ win!
4. EYE MASK: Another thing I do not travel without! Use a sleep mask (& ear plugs) to acclimate to different time zones, and create the perfect conditions for a deep sleep. I like a soft silk one, like the one linked below!
5. HAND SANITIZER: Let’s be real, who knows how clean air planes are, or airport bathrooms, or the little pull down trays… I’m not a huge germaphobe, but it definitely gives me a great sense of comfort to have some hand sanitizer handy. I like this lavender one from EO, its organic, and the lavender smell is a refreshing change from the stale plane air.
What are your top 5 travel essentials? Obviously I travel with more than just these items, but I definitely don’t get on a plane without them.